Grindelwald is not only one of the most beautiful villages in Switzerland, it is also a versatile destination that is very suitable for newcomers.
The beautiful little town of Grindelwald, located in the middle of the Bernese Mountains, promises a wonderful stay in the lap of nature. With the splendor of the Alps and bright skies, the city offers a great escape from the hustle and bustle of urban life. Grindelwald is among the country’s most enchanting tourist attractions.
The splendor of Grindelwald is unparalleled, with its sparkling clean lakes, beautiful flower-covered cruises, and wide lush cliffs. The gorgeous sights found here add to Grindelwald’s beautiful allure.
through the air
- nearest airport Zurich Airport – 152 km
- Visitors can hire a taxi, which can take about two and a half hours to reach the destination.
- Visitors can also travel by train, which takes about three hours to reach the city.
- nearest train station – Travel terminals at Grindelwald Terminal – 2 km
- Visitors can take a taxi that takes about 10 minutes into town.
Things to do
Gilmercy Ring Height
- distance: 8.96 kilometers
- Duration: 3 hours
- Difficulty level: moderately arduous
- The journey begins with an exciting ride on the highest open-top funicular in Europe.
- The journey around Gelmersee begins after the climb.
- Hikers are welcome on the edge of the lake alongside natural rivers and huge granite boulders.
- The cruise travels to Kunzentännlein after crossing the lake.
- distance: 7.41 kilometers
- Duration: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Difficulty level: moderately arduous
- This short mountain trek in Hasliberg rewards visitors with stunning views.
- The trail follows the Muggestutz, a trail intended for children, and passes through the picturesque wetland area of Lischen.
- The path is lined with rest stations.
- The flowers of many orchids and silk cane bloom throughout the summer.
- Papyrus has long been used as a strong bed.
- Temporary shelter is provided by the many wooden structures available throughout the site.
- In 2006, the area was awarded the Oberland-Ost Cultural Landscape Award for its exceptional scenic beauty.
Eiger mountain height
- Distance: 6 km
- Duration: 3 hours
- Difficulty level: moderate intensity
- The Eiger, a mountain peak in the Swiss Alps, is on many hikers’ wish lists. His Majesty can not understand.
- It’s hard to imagine a more breathtaking all-encompassing place.
- The trek is challenging, but well worth it as the stunning views of Grindelwald are breathtaking.
- This beautiful route will probably be in the first place in the highlights of Grindelwald for tourists who taste the thrill.
- With its snow-capped peaks and cross-country trails that extend far beyond the territory of Switzerland, the Bernese Oberland is known as a cross-country skiing paradise.
- Not only expert skiers, but those who want to learn will find the perfect settings in the Jungfrau region.
- Skiing in the snow covered winter backdrop of Bern is a pure activity.
- It does not require additional skills or a lot of experience and is a real treat for people of all age groups.
- Alpine Skydive is the first of its kind to skydive from a helicopter flying over the Swiss mountains.
- Skydiving is available every day, in summer and winter, and is geared towards international visitors.
- The splendid view of the snow-capped mountain landscape is available to the tourists.
- The scenic beauty of the Swiss Alps, including the Eiger and Jungfrau, will stay with visitors their whole lives.
where to stay
Sunstar Grindelwald Hotel & Spa
- Sunstar Hotel & SPA Grindelwald offers wonderful views of the Eiger Mountain.
- Wi-Fi is free.
- The hotel serves a buffet with a delicious selection of appetizers, vegetables, main dishes and desserts.
- Light wooden furniture was used to decorate the spacious and comfortable bedrooms.
- The superior suites include a patio with stunning views of the Eiger Alps.
- An outdoor fireplace is featured in the resort’s large, contemporary main hall, and with its large pool, treehouse steam room, Byzantine baths and healing showers, Wellness Meadow is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate. It is free to use.
- The Spinne has a half board and a relaxing spa.
- Free internet connection is available throughout the property.
- Guests are invited to completely unwind in the circular heated swimming pool with a picturesque mountain backdrop.
- The best pizzas, pasta, rich chicken meals and grilled fish are served at the Mercato Restaurant.
- Visitors can enjoy authentic regional food from around the world in the cozy Rôtisserie, lit by candles and playing soft music.
- The Spinne’s massive patio offers stunning mountain views, and the lounge encourages guests to relax with a drink in front of a blazing fire.
- Guests can come to the coffee lounge or the Mescalero Club to finish off the day in style.
Derby Swiss Quality Resort
- The Derby Swiss Quality Resort hosts a warm welcome and delicious Swiss meals.
- Guests can choose one of the fully furnished accommodation in Alpine style and a rich breakfast to start the day.
- Travelers can spend an entire day in the natural mountain air relaxing in the saunas.
- Authentic Bernese food and international specialties are served on the Föhrenstube Dining à la carte menu.
- During the winter, cellar dining Cava serves fondue and grilled cheese.
- Wireless internet is offered throughout the site at no charge. Visitors are welcome to park their cars for free on the premises.
Grindelwalderhof . Hotel
- Many accommodations at the Grindelwalderhof have a patio with the beautiful landscape of the Eiger Peak.
- The hotel’s accommodation and common spaces are designed in a traditional Swiss style, creating a warm and inviting environment.
- A buffet breakfast is available in the hotel’s restaurant.
- Visitors can also relax in the hotel’s heated pool or on the balcony while admiring the mountain views.
Grindelwald is a Swiss gem that hosts some of the most breathtaking natural beauty that leaves visitors speechless. It is among the most family friendly and adrenaline friendly places in Switzerland. Whatever the season, there are always fun activities for tourists to try. Here, unforgettable and fascinating experiences, as well as once-in-a-lifetime excursions, await.
next one: Switzerland vs. Austria: Which is better, the Alps?
Do electric cars have what it takes to take an epic road trip?